Estates Theatre

One of the oldest European theatres, operating continuously since 1783, The Estates Theatre or Stavovské divadlo was annexed to the National Theatre in 1948 and currently draws on three artistic ensembles, opera, ballet, and drama. The Estates Theatre is the only theater left standing that composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart performed in and continues a strong connection with Mozart to this day. The world premiere of his opera Don Giovanni was performed here in October 1787 and, in 1791, Mozart’s La Clemenza di Tito was staged in public for the first time in celebration of the coronation of Emperor Leopold II.

Dvořák Hall

Dvořák Hall is the long-standing home of the Czech Philharmonic. The hall is named after famed Czech composer, and conductor of the orchestra in the late 19th Century, Antonín Dvořák.

Suk Hall

The most recently added performance venue within the Rudolfinum, Suk Hall was built between 1940 and 1942 under the project of architects Antonin Engel and Bohumir Kozak. This smaller hall is suited for intimate chamber music events and solo recitals.

Divaldo Oskara Nedbala Tábor
(Oskara Nedbala Theatre Tábor)

The Táborské Theater is a Central European rarity. It has a single stage with two rectangular, attached auditoriums. The smaller one, which is located in a historic building, is designed for chamber music performances and recitals. This unusual form of the building was acquired after general reconstruction in the 1960s.

Gothic Town Hall
(Žižka Square Tábor)

The Gothic Town Hall is the second largest of its kind in the country. The most significant monuments are the stone characters with the figures of Jan Žižka and Jan Hus. The Old Town Hall of Tábor is one of the most important late-Gothic buildings in Bohemia. In 1521 the architect Wendel Roskopf completed the building, later it was rebuilt in a Baroque style and in 1878 rebuilt by architect Josef Niklas in the present pseudo-gothic form.

Martinu Hall 
(Lichtenstein Palace) 

Martinu Hall, located inside the Lichtenstein Palace was built on the grounds of five city houses in 1591 and rebuilt in Classical style in 18th cenutry. The Lichtensteins gradually lost interest in the Palace and sold it to the Earl of Ledebour. Later on, the Palace housed many different institutions, until finally in the 1980’s it was acquired by the Academy of Musical Arts. It was beautifully reconstructed and adjusted for the purposes of the Academy. Nowadays, the Lichtenstein Palace is literally full of music!